Weather Pack Connectors from Delphi Packard
Delphi Weather Pack, also known as Delphi Packard Weatherpack, are popular wire connectors commonly used in automotive applications as they seal against moisture, dust and dirt. Weather Pack Connectors can withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, moisture, harsh engine compartment fluids and chemicals, making them ideal for industrial, heavy equipment and marine applications. Terminals are designed to mate with appropriate cable seals.
The female connector (tower connector) and the male connector (shroud connector) locks together with dual-lock tangs to secure terminals firmly into the connector housing, and ensure strong electrical conductivity. Weather Pack connectors are made of a self-lubricating silicone and are multi-ribbed to prevent moisture and other contaminants from entering the connector and causing terminal corrosion. The seal is placed on the wire and then the terminal is crimped to the seal.
Ordering Weather Pack Connectors:
- Determine how many contacts are required for your application
- Select the receptacle and plug connector bodies
- Select your terminals (Weather Pack terminals are available in 22-18 gauge, 16-14 gauge and 12 gauge sizes)
- Order one terminal for each contact location, in each connector body (ex. 2 way plug connector body would need 2 female terminals, and the 2 way receptacle connector body would need 2 male terminals)
- Choose cable seals based on wire gauge
- Select the crimping tool required for your terminals and seals (Weather-Pack crimping tools are recommended to assure a good seal and sound crimp. Cavity plugs are required for all unused pin locations)
We process your order in under two hours, almost guaranteeing any in stock order placed by 4:30pm central time ships the same day. Order online today!
While electrical connectors enable the connection of multiple devices and applications together, protecting against dust and moisture, wires/cables allow the electrical current to move through the entire circuit, so protecting the wires within your application is essential to prolong the life of your equipment. With heat-shrink tubing from Waytek, you can choose from a variety of tubing materials, all designed to protect your wires/cable against flame, abrasions, and chemicals, as well as marine, automotive, and aerospace fuels.
Waytek also carries a wide selection of battery junction blocks. Whether you’re looking to prolong the life of your wire/cable, for a convenient way to connect multiple wires, or for other types of multi-pin connectors, Waytek has everything you need to get the job done.