This policy was last updated July 15th, 2020.
This Policy applies to information we collect, or information that is submitted to us through:
- The website, www.waytekwire.com (“the Website")
- Social media applications including Facebook and LinkedIn (“Social Media”) *
- Email and other electronic messages, except for personal messages sent to our customers by an individual from Waytek
- Interactions with advertising and applications on third-party websites and services
- Online and offline events or trade show registrations
All information that you provide on the Website or Social Media is voluntary. If you submit personal information, you agree that we may keep a record of that personal information.
*You may opt-out of sharing information on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php and on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website and Social Media including:
- Information by which you may personally be identified – name, postal address, email address, employer information, telephone number, or any other identifier through which you may be contacted or identified (“Personal Information”).
- Personal information that we collect may also include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, such as an employment application, catalog requests, entering a promotion, submitting an order through the Website, registering for an event or webinar, or otherwise contacting us via the Website
- Content that you publish, and view on Social Media
- Correspondence Records for contact you initiate
- Your search queries and content you viewed on the Website
This list includes Personal Information we currently collect and information we have collected in the past 12 months. You also may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on Social Media. Your user Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users on Social Media. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your user contributions will not be used by unauthorized persons and/or in unauthorized manners.
Each time a computer visits the Website or Social Media to read or download information, we may collect certain information from that computer. This information is automatically collected and may include information like the following:
- IP Address
- Device type, unique device identification numbers
- Browser being used
- Operating system
- Internet domain from which your computer accesses the Website
- Referring website
- Date and time of your visit to the Website or Social Media
- Geographical location (country or city-level)
- Search Engine queries used to get to the Website
- Information about how you interacted with the Website, such as pages accessed, and links clicked
This list includes information we currently collect and information we have collected in the past 12 months.
This information is used for internal analytic purposes to improve the quality and relevance of the Website for our visitors. We may also associate this other information to Personal Information that you have previously provided.
How Information is Collected and How is it Used
We collect information directly from you when you voluntarily provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through the Website or Social Media. Information collected automatically may include information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
We may place a text file or cookie in the browser files of computers that visit the Website. Cookies are small text files that a site transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (with your permission), that enable the Website to recognize your browser and remember certain information. You can decline our cookies and we will no longer collect information from your computer.
How We Use Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To present the Website, Social Media, and its contents to you
- To improve the Website and customer experience
- To generate reports and analytics
- To contact you to provide information or services you requested from us
- To send periodic marketing emails
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provided information
- To carry out our obligations from any contracts entered between us, including billing and collection
- For legal and safety purposes, such as to: defend or protect us, you, our customers, or third parties from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and our employee and customer’s security; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; and address legal and regulatory compliance.
- Any other way we may describe when you provide the information
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communication we send at any time. You can do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing email we send you or by contacting us at email@example.com.
We use third party technologies to augment the user experience and track aggregated website behavior, such as: which web pages you view and length of time on the Website. This information is important for improving the user experience and determining the effectiveness of the Website. We currently use the following tools:
We do not directly control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used.
Do Not Track Mechanisms
Your browser may deliver a Do-Not-Track (DNT) signal to the Website. Because of the changing state of technology and indecision within the Technology and Marketing industries regarding the meaning of DNT signals, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to honor DNT signals. However, we strive to offer your choices when you use the Website.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information that does not contain Personal Information about our users without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect to our related companies and affiliates, third-party suppliers, partners, and service providers:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the Personal Information
- For any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- With your consent
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process where disclosure is necessary. Including to respond to any law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, or court request
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Waytek, our customers or others
Privacy on Third-Party Websites and Social Media
We may also provide social media features that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with Waytek on various social media sites. Waytek is not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to provide in these forums. If the site allows users to publicly post, comment, indicate interest or complaint, and you decide to post a submission, your name or Personal Information may appear on the site. Information you submit can be read, viewed collected or used by other users of these forums and could be used to contact you or send you unsolicited messages that neither you nor Waytek control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and setting on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
How We Protect Your Information
We are committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information.
Data Hosting: Data is hosted on data servers qualified by global IT standards and regulations. All Waytek’s data is securely hosted on data servers in the USA. The server and network infrastructure are PCI 3.2.1 compliant.
Data Retention: Waytek maintains a robust backup plan where data is stored in a secure location and multiple data backups are retained for a stipulated period and then removed from the system. All personal data is stored and transferred in compliance with applicable global regulations. Application and customer logs generated are maintained per established retention limits. Post this period, data records are scheduled for auto-removal.
Processing Data: Waytek processes data necessary for the purchase and delivery of products in a fair and lawful manner. Personal data is processed in a manner that ensures security and confidentiality, including prevention of unauthorized access to or use of this data. User authentication and profile data are collected and processed within the HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure) Waytekwire.com secure web environment.
Waytek Does Not Sell Your Information
Waytek will never sell, rent or trade your personal information with third parties.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EEA Visitors Only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect Personal Information to perform a contract with you or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or where we have your consent to do so.
If you have questions or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us at Marketing@waytekwire.com or at 800-328-2724.
California Consumer Privacy Act Compliance (CCPA)
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information, including rights of access, notice, and deletion.
California residents have the right to request that we provide certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and verify your request, we will provide you the following:
- The categories of Personal Information collected about you
- Our business purpose for collecting that Personal Information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected and if we disclosed that Personal Information for a business purpose
You also have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information from our records and direct any service providers to delete that Personal Information from their records. After we receive and verify your request, we will delete that Personal Information unless a legal exception applies. In certain situations, we are not required to delete your Personal Information, such as when the information is necessary in order to complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, to provide a good or service requested by you, to comply with a legal obligation, or to otherwise use your Personal Information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Any requests to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act should be submitted either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone to 800-328-2724. Only you, or a person you authorize on your behalf, may make a request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child.
Your request must provide information sufficient to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person (or authorized representative of a person) about whom we collected personal information. Your request must also have sufficient detail to allow us to properly understand, evaluation, and respond to it.
You will not receive discriminatory treatment by Waytek for exercising your privacy rights conferred by CCPA.
Children Under the Age of Eighteen
Waytek does not knowingly request, collect, or sell Personal Information from any individual under the age of 18. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from an individual under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we might have any information about an individual under eighteen, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone to 800-328-2724 and we will delete it accordingly.
Access and Correction to Personal Information
You have the right to request access to, rectification of errors in, or erasure of your Personal Information. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and to receive a copy of your Personal Information. To request access to, or correction or erasure of any Personal Information that you have provided us, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and proof of your identity. We may not fully accommodate a request if the request would violate applicable law.