Checkout Issues Related to McAfee WebAdvisor Bug
McAfee WebAdvisor has a known bug that has caused issues across thousands of websites over the last 30-60 days. If you are using McAfee software, you may experience the following problems after clicking the “Place Order” button on Waytek’s “Checkout – Review & Submit” page (see image below):
- You get a spinning wheel that doesn’t go away.
- You click Place Order and nothing happens at all.
This is an issue with the McAfee WebAdvisor Software installed on your computer or your web browser. Here is a link to the McAfee Community Support Page where communication of this issue has taken place. https://forums.mcafee.com/t5/WebAdvisor/Bug-in-WebAdvisor/m-p/731580#M27252
It’s unclear if the McAfee will be forcing an update to the browsers plug-in. However, here are steps you or your IT department can take to resolve the issue:
Option 1: Uninstall & Re-install the McAfee WebAdvisor Browser Plug-in.
This will install the updated version that fixes this bug. Here is a link to the McAfee site with instruction on how to uninstall and re-install the software:
Option 2: Disable the McAfee WebAdvisor browser plug-in on your web browser.
- Open Chrome.
- Click the menu icon on the upper right (the three dots stacked vertically).
- Click More Tools, Extensions.
- Deselect the checkmark next to McAfee WebAdvisor.
For Microsoft Edge based on Chromium:
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click the menu icon on the upper right (the three dots stacked horizontally).
- Click Extensions. Turn off the button corresponding to McAfee WebAdvisor.
- Open Firefox.
- Click the hamburger menu icon on the upper right.
- Select Add-ons and themes.
- Click Disable next to McAfee WebAdvisor.
Option 3: Use a different browser to order from the Waytek website.
You may have the McAfee WebAdvisor browser plug-in installed on a specific browser such as Google Chrome. If this is the case, you should be able to check out on Waytekwire.com using a different browser such as Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.
We encourage you to share this information with your IT department, so they are aware and can help you determine the appropriate method for resolving this issue for you and others within your organization.
Please contact McAfee Support directly for any questions you may have related to this issue.